I finally found some motivation and time to give my blog a design upgrade - Basically an endavour that was overdue since this blog has seen the light of the day ;)
On the technical side, this theme is a complete redevelopment. It's not finished yet, on the contrary, it's the very first version and there remain a lot of issues that need to be resolved. For instance: The majority of the CSS code is still rather dirty and of experimental nature. Additionally, I want to include an image slideshow based on unslider.js. Your template function in the your theme would then look something like the following:
Furthermore, the theme is based on _s, a raw theme ment to be customized and extended. The big advantage are the good coding standards and a robust architecture, which really helps if you're new to wordpress theme development. The authors are partly from the automaticc team, essentially the founders of wordpress, which supports the reputation of _s further... Anyways, expect that the design of incolumitas.com slightly changes over the next weeks and months. A few key points I want to incorporate as soon as possible:
- A static front page (Yes, using front-page.php)
- A complete overhaul of my own captcha plugin. It's really hard to decipher them :D
- Making the theme design responsive. This is easily said, but hard to achieve.
- Uploading all my projects on my GitHub site. And ...
- Finally updating GoogleScraper.py
That's it for the moment. Stay tuned! Nikolai